Friday 2 October 2009

I'm not saying that

But I might do in future. Maybe I'll say: 'You can only Not-Be the Sort-Of-Band-That-Doesn't-Go-'Doo-Doo-Doo' if there's some contemporary/prior band out there to do all the Be-ing.' I'm pretty sure Derrida spent years making the same point. Which is interesting. But what I was saying was more that I'm pretty sure round Oh Sweet Nothin time Reed knew he wouldn't be able to pull the doo doo stuff off in a detached enough way to still get licensing money from Away We Go, so when Transformer time came round and he was feeling the McCartney lack and he came up with the idea of putting it in someone else's mouth, even better, COLOURED GIRL'S mouths, well, he probably felt so good he got up and did some tai chi celebrations and maybe he was on such a roll he penned a few lines of what would become THE RAVEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment