Thursday 30 April 2009

The Juan Maclean

Last night I went, with college friend pete, to see The Juan Maclean.

[the kids face at 0:36 is the best thing ever]

I was anxious because I'd heard one of their songs on Key 103, or some shit, whilst I was getting my hair cut a couple days ago.

And when I got there it was full of trendy indy types who think hey yeah I can get down but HELL ARE THEY WRONG.

I got down, and I did it full measure.

Yes, I was pleased by the foot, all around, of respect/fear that my dancing garnered. It was an adequate level of tribute from the lesser dancers of the crowd (i.e. the crowd) and sated my desire to destroy them and their families through dance.

The band were good with their final song going through this insane build up and becoming this psychedelic thing and before I knew it the whole thing was over. And now I can't remember how the tune went. All I can think of is Get Innocuous by LCD Soundsystem and it wasn't like that at all.

Also now, it appears I have swine flu and am about to die. But I can't tell if the sniffles I had yesterday are just enhanced by this weird hangover I have which means everytime I turn my head it's like I've been spinning round for fifteen minutes. In fact even sitting still gives the same sensation. And the shitting. Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

  1. did they finish with Happy House? DUH duh duh DUH duh duh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QzbYWQbUmE

    I'm not a jealous man, I can just imagine myself in these lost opportunities, doing it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what they finished with. It's possible it started out as Happy House and became this ultra intense jam/mix up, but it could have started out as Star Wars samples for all I remember, really.

    GOOD THOUGH, GOOD JOB JUAN MACLEAN.

    Even though they all left the stage looking pretty huffy. They huffed it good.

    ReplyDelete